Medication Room Technician
The medication room technician will be responsible to implement the mission of His Hands Free Clinic under the direction of the Assistant Medical Coordinator.
Reports to: Assistant Medical Coordinator
Supervises: Medication Room Volunteers and pharmacy students
Hours: Maximum 16 hours per week. Tuesdays and Thursdays: 5 pm-7:30 pm, Wednesdays: 10 am-2:30pm, and Thursdays: 10 am-2:30 pm for clinics. Must attend staff meetings the first and third Tuesdays from 1 pm-2:30 pm
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is involved in a local church.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith and Statement of Values.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible.
- Be friendly and respect the God-given dignity of all persons.
- Be comfortable with talking through an interpreter either in-person or over the phone.
- Be team oriented.
- Familiarity with Iowa Pharmacy practices preferred.
- Previous clinic or pharmacy experience preferred.
Primary Duties Include
- Direct and supervise volunteers in the medication room.
- Be a resource for healthcare providers in determining medication availability.
- Orient new volunteers to protocol and procedures in medication room.
- Review medication requests for accuracy and complete refill orders.
- Educate patients on new medication and medication changes.
- Direct patient to other medication resources as needed.
- Maintain medication inventory.
- Run year end reports.
- Inventory all medications for the end of year.
- Create and maintain patient records.
- Vacation Time: 42 hours annually.
- Sick Time: 19 sick hours annually.
- Holidays: Ten paid Holidays when you are scheduled to work.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and reach overhead.
- Ability to maneuver throughout the facility.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Dawn Brouwers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
His Hands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.