- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is involved in a local church.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith and Statement of Values.
- Have excellent computer skills and database experience.
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible.
- Be friendly and respect the God-given dignity of all persons.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be very familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Access)
- Accounting degree
- Non-profit experience preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks software and accounting functions
- $19 or more based on experience
- Transactional / Control
- Obtain approval to pay bills from people responsible for that part of the budget.
- Determine the correct account code pre budget.
- Submit for payment.
- Record all transactions, including deposits, automatic payments, and items requiring journal entries.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Request proposed bank transfers as required to Executive Director.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Verify approval for payroll and timesheets.
- Set up Excel budget, input schedules and tools for budget completion.
- Coordinate budget preparation process with department heads.
- Review completed budgets for reasonableness and completeness.
- Review budgets to Executive Director for approval.
- Obtain Finance Committee approval.
- Review general ledger transactions for accuracy.
- Provide monthly financial statements to Executive Director for review.
- Provide monthly financial statements to Finance Committee for review.
- Provide quarterly financial statements to department heads.
- Create reports or documentation as requested.
- Prepare excel version of Annual Report financial statements, including functional expense allocation.
- Work with external accounting firm on the following:
- Reviewed financial statements – provide information to firm and review statements from firm for accuracy and completeness.
- Federal 990 form – provide information to firm and review 990 form for accuracy and completeness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please send resume and cover letter to Dawn at Dawn@HisHandsClinic.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
His Hands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.