Med Room Nurse
“Working at His Hands Free Clinic is more than a job it’s a ministry.”
The Medical Room Nurse is responsible for implementing the mission of His Hands Free Clinic under the direction of the Medical Coordinator. The nurse supervises medication room volunteers and pharmacy students, Clinic Volunteers (when needed),
15-20 hours per week, hours may vary.
Wednesdays & Thursdays 10:00am-2:30pm
Tuesday & Thursday evenings 5:00pm-7:00pm clinics
Must attend staff meetings the first and third Tuesdays from 1:15pm-2:30pm
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith and Statement of Values.
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as a Savior and Lord and is involved in a local church
- Possess excellent communication, organizational, and computer skills.
- Be self-motivated, dependable, and responsible.
- Be respectful of the God-given dignity of all persons.
- Have an active and current unrestricted Iowa registered nursing license.
- Pharmacy experience preferred
- Be comfortable with talking through an interpreter either in person or over the phone
- Be team oriented
- Possess strong cross-cultural skills
Primary Duties Include:
- Oversee medication room during patient clinics
- Review medication requests for accuracy and complete refill orders
- Create and maintain patient records
- Call medications into pharmacies as directed
- Run reports on pharmacy software
- Sort, stock and order medication inventory
- Comply with rules, regulations, and procedures to maintain a safe medication room
- Assist health providers with procedures in exam rooms
- Call patients with lab/x-ray results
- Make sure providers have the supplies they need
- Record keeping
- Room Patients
- Triage patients on the phone as needed
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and reach overhead
- Ability to maneuver throughout the facility
- Ability to be on feet for long periods of time
- Estimated steps up to 4,000 steps per shift.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
24 hours of sick time, 42 hours of vacation time prorated and accrued annually, ten paid Holidays if you are scheduled to work
To Apply, send resume and cover letter to Dawn@HisHandsClinic.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
His Hands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.