Spiritual Care Coordinator
Reports To: Volunteer Coordinator
Pre-employment Testing: Background check and drug test prior to hire
General Statement of Duties
Responsibilities will include prayer support recruitment and management, working with volunteer committees, public speaking and data management. 5- 10 hours a week. Some evenings monthly and some weekends quarterly.
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, and the policies of His Hands Free Clinic
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication skills needed
- Possess proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Be self-motivated, dependable and responsible
- Have maturity to respect and keep information confidential
- Be friendly and respect the dignity of all persons
Acceptable Experience and Training
- High school diploma or GED, required
- Previous spiritual care experience preferred
- Be active in your faith community
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit prayer support volunteers
- Orient and onboard Prayer Support Volunteers
- Weekly Prayer Support email and next week’s openings
- Serve in Prayer Support once weekly if needed
- Reach out and order needed supplies: Bibles (new and used), etc. (with volunteer help)
- Restock front displays, check Prayer Box, and replenish waiting area table booklets. (with volunteer help)
- Restock prayer support shelves (Bibles & resources) (with volunteer assistance)
- Add any dates, events, orientations to Master Calendar (via Cathy)
- Meet with Supervisor
- Monthly Prayer Support Calendar
- Attend staff meeting 1st and 3rd Tuesday.
- Bi-monthly: Board report.
- Bi-monthly: Our Daily Bread pamphlet order
- Birthday cards to prayer support volunteers
- Provide new prayer support volunteer information for the E-Volunteer newsletter and any volunteer updates on practices or procedures
- Provide any FB updates.
- Prayer Support Fellowship (January mandatory refresher)
- Organize and lead Spiritual Care Committee meeting
- Update church list
- Coordinate with Volunteer Coordinator volunteer recognition events including Christmas party and gifts
- Coordinate PS volunteers for Praise on the River and Laughter is the Best Medicine
- Present to community and church groups on His Hands Free Clinic and Prayer Support volunteer opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch and reach overhead
- Ability to maneuver throughout the facility
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to life 25 pounds
Please send cover letter and resume to Dawn Brouwers, Executive Director at Dawn@hishandsclinic.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
His Hands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.