Summary: The Development Director is responsible to raise the funds needed to implement the mission of His Hands Free Clinic as set by the Board of Directors in conjunction with the Executive Director.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Fundraising Volunteers
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is involved in a local church.
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith and Statement of Values.
- Have a bachelor’s in a related field, or related experience equivalent.
- Have two + years of experience in a fundraising position.
- Communications or marketing experience helpful.
- Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, writing, and effective media relations.
- Be able to provide direction for volunteers.
- Be able to develop and implement strategic plans and goals for the organization.
- Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
Primary Duties Include:
a. Oversee data entry into the donor database
b. Create and maintain positive donor relations through timely donor acknowledgment
c. Solicit sponsorships
d. Lead the board in donor cultivations, retention and acquisition activities
e. Execute special events
f. Make presentations to organizations and churches as requested
g. Write grants and manage rewards
h. Report fundraising status to the Board of Directors
i. Write appeal letters
j. Execute social media strategy
k. Execute church giving strategy
2. Direct and accomplish external communications
a. Execute Marketing Strategy
b. Oversee creation of marketing materials
c. Ensure a monthly e-newsletter is sent
d. Ensure website is current
e. Execute social media strategy
f. Represent the organization at community events and meetings
g. Write press releases as needed
Attend appropriate trade association meetings to stay current in the field
Other duties as assigned.
His Hands Free Clinic seeks a Development Director 30 to 40 hours weekly. To apply send a cover letter, resume, grant sample (1-2) pages and a communication or marketing sample, as well as resume and answers to the questions to Dawn Brouwers at firstname.lastname@example.org.