His Hands Free Clinic
Position Description – Chaplain
Impact Statement: You will provide the opportunity for prayer and spiritual resources to our patients, volunteers and staff alike.
Provide follow-up to patients looking for a faith community, serve as Prayer Support, provide spiritual guidance to those in need and assist with faith issues in the healing process.
- Following up with those patients who have marked on their Information Form that they do not belong to or have a faith community and have given us permission to contact them in finding one and those who Prayer Support indicate on their data sheet that they would like a call from the Chaplain in regards to information on finding a Faith Community.
- Be actively involved in the Prayer Support and Overall Spiritual Care component of the clinic
- Serve as Prayer Support during 1 clinic once a month
- Provide spiritual guidance to those in need and assist with faith issues in the healing process.
- Serve alongside the Spiritual Care Coordinator in providing opportunities to patients, volunteers and staff alike to grow in their spiritual journey.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religion Studies or related field.
- 2-3 years of previous chaplain experience preferred
- Six months (or more) membership at a local church, completion of Prayer Support Orientation, recommendation from a spiritual leader (Pastor, Small Group Leader, Prayer Support Team Leader, etc.), willingness to serve in prayer
3-5 hours a week
Flexible. To serve in Prayer Support during 1 clinic a month
Spiritual Care Coordinator
- Pray before you start your shift (This includes personal prayer and leading the staff in prayer for their personal edification and for the clinic)
praying with the patient:
- When possible, greet them by name
- Give your name and your responsibility
- Ask how you can pray for them
- Pray as the Spirit leads. If it looks like it could be a longer session, suggest going to the Prayer room after seeing the doctor
- Ask if they need a Bible, Daily Bread or other devotion material available
- Ask if they have a church home, provide church list and offer extended spiritual support services if needed
- Fill out a Prayer Support Reporting Sheet – keep stats for each patient encountered and at the end of clinic, turn in reporting sheet to Office Coordinator
- Knowing that you’re part of a much larger picture, one where God is glorified through the gift of your time.
- Meeting and working alongside new people
- Keeping up on skills you may already have and/or learning new ones
- Having fun